2024 ICCC Convention Longview WA

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
logo-3x1-48-Inches-1
Murff
Administrator
Title: New ICCC Board President

2024 ICCC Convention Longview WA

Post by Murff »

Convention Date: June 27 to 29, 2024

Convention Venue: Cowlitz County Event Center
1900 7th Ave, Longview, WA 98632-4003

Host Hotel: Comfort Inn & Suites
440 Three Rivers Dr, Kelso, WA 98626-3130
(Distance from Hotel to Event Center, 1.6 Miles)

Official Camp Ground: Hudson Parcher County Park 75503 Larson Rd, Rainier OR 97048-3009
(Distance from Campround to Event Center 7.3 miles)
Camping reservations made through www.reserveamerica.com
Name: Murff   ICCC Member #726 
Coleman Blue's 243's #002   Ebay Handle: Happy-campers2 
EX-ICCC Newsletter Editor & Full time Coleman Addiction Enabler
Part-time Idito and Hater of Turd 275s, both A and non A
Current ICCC Board President
CascadeCJ3B
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: 2024 ICCC Convention Longview WA

Post by CascadeCJ3B »

I'm going to have to try and make it to one these events in Washington, they're all about 3 hours away, which isn't too bad of a drive from the East side of the mountains.
-Glenn-
:cf_colemanlanternlogo:
Wtb: 2/60 B-day lantern, 200a, 220e, 228e, etc.

"God doesn't love us because of our worth, we are of worth because God loves us." - Martin Luther
DDLanternWorks

Post by DDLanternWorks »

We are going to make a plug here to say if you are in the western US you might want to consider making this one. The ICCC convention has been west of the Mississippi river for the last couple years and we go east to Ohio in 2025. Once the convention gets back east there is a likely hood it will stay east for a few years. A days drive vs a 3-4 drive is much more doable for many people. We have a wonderful host and a lovely area to visit.
As for any convention - Take advantage of one that is in your region while you can. The chance may not come around again for a long time. A convention is different from a regional campout and you get the ability to meet collectors from other areas or countries. See things you may not see other places and learn of items you never knew existed. It is a difference experience.
Buffalo Jon

Post by Buffalo Jon »

I’m in Colorado and making plans to attend
Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be ~ Abe Lincoln
Collecting since 2014
Colorado Springs, Colo.
ICCC#1569
Buffalo Jon

Post by Buffalo Jon »

Are there any talks about the future convention locations in ‘25 ‘26 ‘27?

Any talks about any international trips?
Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be ~ Abe Lincoln
Collecting since 2014
Colorado Springs, Colo.
ICCC#1569
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

Buffalo Jon wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:33 pm Are there any talks about the future convention locations in ‘25 ‘26 ‘27?

Any talks about any international trips?
The 2025 convention is in Walnut Creek Ohio. The 2026 convention location will be voted on at this years convention.

There is a Japan get together in 25 if you are interested. This is on your own and not through the ICCC.
Dan ICCC #900
222, 226, 229, 3022 Collector
ICCC Treasure
CigarMike
Colemanaholic

Post by CigarMike »

The registration forms went out with this month's Coleman Light. Don't procrastinate. Register early and often.
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

As of January 13, there are seven campsites left at Hudson Parcher County Park. As has been stated in the current ICCC newsletter, in case the campground sells out, the Club has reserved the Group Area at Hudson Parcher! The Group Area has room for a number of TENTS ONLY! Some members that have already made reservations have also said they may be willing to "double up". The Park does have a limit of two vehicles per campsite and charges, I believe, an extra $7.00 per night for an additional vehicle.

Reservations through Reserve America website:

https://www.reserveamerica.com/explore/ ... eDate=true
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Who handles the registration forms Mike mentions? Not sure I did anything besides reserve a campsite and renew my ICCC membership. Last letter I have is Sept -Dec. I’d hate to travel so far and go home on Thursday.
Duane
PS: Never mind, checked last years Light and there is a Jan-Apr to come. Patience.
ICCC member 2220. Formerly all seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

hikerduane wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:43 pm Who handles the registration forms Mike mentions? Not sure I did anything besides reserve a campsite and renew my ICCC membership. Last letter I have is Sept -Dec. I’d hate to travel so far and go home on Thursday.
Duane
PS: Never mind, checked last years Light and there is a Jan-Apr to come. Patience.
If the January issue of the Coleman Light has not arrived yet, it should this week. The 24 convention information and registration form is in this issue. Just fill it out and mail it back to Mike with your payment.

The on line registration through the ICCC Website should be up sometime this week if all goes well.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

The online registration is now available here:

https://intlccc.net/iccc-convention-registration/

Murff
ATII

Post by ATII »

I might end up visiting but just as a spectator, even though I live in Longview. I am at a point where I might be relocating in the not too distant future.
Formerly known as AT, but due to changes on here I had to make a new account.
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

ATII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:17 pm I might end up visiting but just as a spectator, even though I live in Longview. I am at a point where I might be relocating in the not too distant future.
Then Saturday morning is the time to plan for. The convention is open to people that are not registered at that time.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

ICCC CONVENTION UPDATE!! March 7th 2024

As of March 7th, the Comfort Inn has received 27 reservations for the convention! Keep in mind, the hotel has a total of 57 rooms!
If you are thinking of attending the convention, consider making your reservation SOON! Mike had the hotel hold a block of 33 rooms and the manager told me today that if we use up that block, they will add more, if they have them.

Please call the Comfort Inn directly at 360-425-4600 for reservations. For now, this number rings directly to the front desk. As the year gets closer to travel season, the number will go to the Choice Hotel central reservation system with a voice prompt asking if you want "reservations" or Front Desk. Take the front desk option as it will connect you to the Kelso Comfort Inn directly. The Club hotel rate is NOT available at the Choice Hotel Reservations Center!

ATTENTION CAMPERS!
As of this date, there are two campsites left at Hudson Parcher Park! One is a full hook-up RV site, the other is a tent site.

The ICCC, in preparation of the campground filling, has the Group Camp reserved. So, if you are camping with a TENT, there will be a space for you at a cost divided by the number of campers in the Group Camp per night. The best example I can give here is, if 10 campers use the group area, the $75.00 per night would be divided by 10 and only cost you $7.50 per night. If on the outside chance that a maximum of 32 people (Group Camp limit) Camping would be only $2.40 per night!

If there is a minimal amount of people wanting to camp, some members that have already reserved a site, have said they wouldn't mind "doubling up" on their site. The park does charge an additional $7.00 per night per vehicle/tent.

As the convention date draws closer, the Club will evaluate what the club will do regarding the Group Site.

Murff
CigarMike
Colemanaholic

Post by CigarMike »

Update on registrations. As of today we have 57 adults registered for the convention. Of those, 12 are 1st timers. 1st timers are always the most fun at every convention. So far there are 8 sales tables and 7 display tables. You PNW people need to get registered and sign up for tables. If you are from out of the area but are planning on driving to the convention you should get a table as well. The people flying in can't bring anything so they depend on you to make each convention a success.

You also need to get registered early so you will be eligible for the Coleman company free campsite drawing.
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

APRIL 2 CONVENTION UPDATE!

With only 85 days to go to the convention, the Kelso Comfort Inn now has 31 rooms reserved for the convention out of 57 rooms! Hotel Reservations can be made at 360-425-4600. When the automated voice answers choose OPTION 2 to go to the front desk! This is where you need to make your reservation to receive the ICCC discounted hotel rate!

Hudson-Parcher Park has had a couple of cancellations. There are now two "standard electric" campsites and one regular tent campsite. Reservations can be made here:

https://www.reserveamerica.com/explore/ ... geNumber=0

The ICCC does have a Group Camp reserved at Hudson Parcher incase the park does fill up. It will hold about 32 campers and six tents.

Some campers have stated they wouldn't mind "doubling up" on their campsite. The Park does charge an extra $7.00 per night per extra vehicle and sites are restricted to two vehicles per site, not counting an RV.
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

Tentative Convention Schedule!

2024 ICCC Convention Longview, Washington Cowlitz County Convention Center, 1900 7th Avenue, Longview Washington 98632
June 27-29, 2024.

Thursday June 27th Cowlitz County Convention Center

9:00 – 1:00 Set up for show
Lunch is on your own
1:00 – 4:00 Show open to ICCC members
4:00 – 5:00 ICCC business meeting
6:30 – 7:30 All you can buffet at Chinese Garden restaurant 1071 15th Avenue, Longview Washington

Friday June 28th Cowlitz County Convention Center
9:00 – 5:00 Show open to ICCC members
10:00 Seminar TBD
Lunch is on your own
2:00 Seminar TBD
6:00 Group photograph
6:30 Banquet
9:00 light up on fairgrounds

Saturday June 29th Cowlitz County Convention Center
9:00 – 1:00 Show open to ICCC members and general public
Lunch is on your own
1:00 Tear down and auction set up
3:00 – 5:00 auction
6:00 – 8:00 Free Potluck at Hudson Parcher County Park, 75503 Larson Road, Rainier, Oregon 97048
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

April 13th ICCC Convention update! Cigar Mike advised me that there are 84 registrations in as of today.He also said there are 16 display tables and 13 sales tables.

If you are going to the convention, remember that The Coleman Company is providing us all of the complete furnishings for two campsites at Hudson Parcher Park. You must be registered by April 30th for the drawing that will be held May 1st!! That's all you have to do to get entered!

Murff
logo-3x1-48-Inches-1

Return to “Gatherings, Meets & Get-Togethers”